Tuesday, December 7, 2010

I'm baaaack!

What's this? A new post? It can't be!

I know that I said that I was going to switch to be a music reviewer, but that didn't work out with the moving and my short attention span, so I'm just going to go back to posting whatever I feel like. This may or may not include some of my thoughts about music in the future.

I've decided that I have a bit of a problem. I started rewatching Gilmore Girls on Saturday, starting with the pilot episode. I have already made it to disc 3 of Season 2. I really need to find a life... Which, when combined with the fact that I never have time for anything, makes me wonder how I still don't have one.

I stopped using my G1 the other day and switched back to my old Samsung Blast. The G1's battery wouldn't even last for an eight hour shift at work before dying, and it ran as slow as a two legged dog that was covered in molasses. And frozen. And had a two ton weight tied to its back leg. (In my mental image, the dog's two legs are on the same side rather than both on the front or back. Makes him slower that way.)

It took that phone a full minute from the time that a text message to display on my phone before it would vibrate and ring to say that I had a new text. And then, as I was typing my response, the letters being displayed were between 16 and 10 letters behind what I was typing. I would sit there for another thirty seconds after I had typed the message before the phone would show my reply. And heaven forbid I make a typo and have to go back and fix it!

Anyhow, the entire reason that I started using the G1 was that my Blast had inexplicably stopped working about a year or so ago. Any time I would turn it on, none of the buttons would work. I think it was from a mishap with vodka being spilled on it, but I have no definitive proof of this.

Now that the G1 is crapping out on me, this phone is working perfectly fine. Odd how life works like that, eh? (Yay for Canadian accent! Only, you can't really hear that...)

Well, it is time for me to get ready for work, so this is where the post ends for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment