Friday, May 7, 2010

When in Rome

I just saw the movie When in Rome at the dollar theater. Most of the time, I don't particularly care for movies like this one, but I was surprisingly amused. Best quote was from Danny DeVito. "There isn't a single emotion in the world that can't be expressed with sausage."

I also had a good time with a friend that was in my life in a big way for a while, then not for two years, then back, then gone again. Now she's back in my life, and I'm happy about that. She's one of the best friends that I have, and not having her in my life was kind of annoying.

While we're on the topic of friendship, I've decided that I'm going to stop actively seeking relationships like I usually do. All my life, all I've done is spent time looking for someone to be with. As soon as one relationship ended, I would be searching for the next. Right now, I am finally OK with me, which, as people who know me know, is a huge thing for me. I intend to just be friends with everyone that I can be. That's not to say that I won't go out on dates, but that's all that they'll be. Dates.

If I end up finding someone that I want to be with, then awesome! But I'm not going to play my usual game of looking at every single person I meet/hear about/randomly see walking down the street/etc. as a potential new relationship. All that does is keeps me awake at night wondering why I'm sleeping alone. Ever since I have started my friendship kick, I have been much happier and much more pleasant to be around. And I sleep better at night, even though I'm still sleeping alone. It's because I now know that it's not the end of the world, and I'm choosing to have my big ol' king mattress to myself.

And now for something completely different...

I really need to get back to reading The Difference Engine. It has been a very good book, but I have had so much trouble keeping myself focused on it at work this week. Hooray for ADOS (Attention Deficit... Ooh, shiny!!)!

I don't have any plans this Friday night, but that's probably for the best. I need to start packing for the move. The more I can get done now, the less I'll be scrambling at the last minute.

Anyhow, those are the thoughts for the evening. More randomness to come later!

No comments:

Post a Comment